If you’ve ever been to a networking event, you’ve come across someone who hands you their business card. And in today’s digital age, more and more people are using virtual business cards (also known as e-cards). So what are these electronic cards, and what are they typically used for? Keep reading to find out.
What Is an Electronic Business Card?
An electronic or virtual business card is a digital version of a traditional paper business card. These cards can be exchanged electronically via email, text message, or social media. They can also be stored on your smartphone or tablet for easy access.
Also, they can be an online profile that contains your contact information, work history, education, and other relevant details about yourself. Think of it as an online version of your paper business cards that can be easily shared with others.
What Are the Benefits of Using an Electronic Business Card?
There are many benefits to using an electronic business card over a traditional paper card.
- Eco-Friendly: Save trees and help the environment using an eCard instead of a traditional paper card.
- Cost-Effective: No need to print or laminate your digital cards, so you’ll save money in the long run.
- Share More Information: With a digital card, you can include links to your website, social media profiles, and more. This allows you to share more information about yourself and your business with potential clients and customers.
- Easy to Update: If you need to change your contact information, you can simply update your card and send out the new version. With a paper card, you would have to re-print and distribute all-new cards, which can be costly and time-consuming.
- Quick Sharing: When you meet someone new, you can quickly and easily share your card by sending it electronically. This is much faster than exchanging paper cards, which can often get lost or forgotten.
- Trackable: When you send out your eCard, you can track when it’s been viewed and how many times. This information can help gauge interest levels and follow up accordingly.
What Are They Used For?
Virtual business cards are a versatile tool that can be used for various purposes. Typically, they are used as a way to exchange contact information with other professionals or to promote and market businesses and products.
There are many different ways to use virtual business cards, but some of the most common uses include:
1. Exchanging Contact Information
Virtual business cards are an easy way to exchange contact information with other professionals. Send your card to anyone you want to connect with, and they can add your information on your phone with no hassle of traditional business cards.
2. Promoting Businesses and Products
Business cards can be used to promote businesses and products in various ways. You can include links to your website or online store or use them to distribute coupons or discounts. You can also use them to create digital portfolios or resumes that showcase your work.
3. Sharing Important Reminders or Notifications
You can use virtual business cards to share important reminders or notifications with customers and clients. For example, you can send a card with a reminder about an upcoming appointment or event. You can also use them to send notifications about special sales or promotions.
4. Connecting with Customers and Clients on Social Media
Use virtual business cards to connect with customers and clients on social media. You can include links to your social media profiles or use them to promote special events or contests.
5. Creating Digital Portfolios or Resumes
If you’re in a creative field, or if you’re looking to showcase your work more professionally, then creating a digital portfolio with a virtual business card is a great way to do so. You can include links to your website or online portfolio and your contact information, making it easy for potential employers or clients to get in touch with you. Plus, by using a QR code reader, they can quickly and easily access your portfolio without having to type in a long web address.
6. Connecting With Customers and Clients on Social Media
Social media is a great way to stay connected with your customers and clients, and using a digital business card can make it even easier for them to find and follow you. Include links to your social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) on your card, and make sure to include your QR code so they can quickly and easily add you. You can also use social media to promote your products or services or give your followers special coupons or discounts.
1. How Can You Share Digital Business Cards?
Sharing by URL is a secure way to share your vCard with anyone. The URL is unique to your card. Also, you can try QR codes to share your card with others. They’re best for sharing with people who have a smartphone with a QR code or business card scanner.
2. Why Use Virtual Cards?
People use vCards mainly to manage their contacts and make it easy for others to find their contact details. vCards can also be used to share your resume, CV, or other information about yourself electronically.
3. How Do You Create Digital Business Cards?
There are a few ways to create a vCard. You can use an online service, like Zapped, or a program like Microsoft Outlook. Zapped is a great digital business card maker because it’s free, simple to use, and you can share your vCard by URL or QR code.
Use Zapped To Create Your Digital Business Cards
If you’re looking for a way to create professional and engaging digital business cards, then you should check out Zapped. With Zapped, you can easily create beautiful and customized business cards to help you stand out from the competition.
You can use it to create and manage your contacts and keep track of your interactions with them. It’s easy to use, and you can get started in minutes. Also, add social media links to your card so people can connect with you on your favorite platform. Utilize QR codes to make your card even more interactive.
Plus, with Zapped’s easy-to-use tools, you can be sure that your business cards will always look great no matter what device they’re viewed on. So why wait? Get started with Zapped today and see how easy it is to create stunning digital business cards.