No one can deny the importance of social media marketing in today’s digital age. But how much does it cost? And what are the best ways to maximize its potential return on investment (ROI)?
In this ultimate guide, we’ll break down the cost of social media marketing for businesses of all sizes. Plus, we’ll give you tips on how to keep your social media advertising cost under budget. Let’s get started.
What Should Be Your Approach?
When it comes to social media advertising costs, there are two approaches that businesses can take – Do It Yourself (DIY) or Outsourcing.
1. Do It Yourself
If you are a small business just getting started or have a limited budget, your best option may be to do your social media marketing yourself. Doing it yourself will give you more control over your message and brand, and it will be easier to keep track of your metrics to gauge your success. You can expect to spend around 200-400$ on social media advertising.
If you decide to take the DIY approach, here are some tips to help you get started:
- Define Your Goals: What do you want to achieve with social media marketing? Do you want to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, or generate leads? Once you know your goals, you can start creating a social media strategy to achieve them.
- Choose The Right Platforms: Not all social media platforms are created equal. Some platforms are better suited for certain types of businesses than others. For example, if you’re a B2-B company, LinkedIn may be a better platform than Instagram. Take the time to research the different platforms and determine which ones will work best for your business.
- Create Engaging Content: The key to a successful social media advertising campaign is creating interesting and engaging content. No one wants to see boring or sales-y content. Instead, focus on creating content that your target audience will find valuable and shareworthy.
- Monitor Your Results: Keep track of your social media activity and measure your results. This will help you determine what’s working and what’s not to adjust your strategy accordingly.
If you have the budget for it, outsource social media marketing as it can be a great way to get results without putting in all the work yourself. Several agencies and consultants specialize in digital marketing, and they can help you develop and execute a plan that fits your budget and goals. You can expect to spend around 500-1000$ per month on social media management and marketing services.
If you decide to outsource your social media marketing, here are some tips to help you find the right agency or consultant:
- Check The Portfolio: When considering an agency or consultant, look at their previous work. This will give you a good idea of their capabilities and whether or not they’re a good fit for your business.
- Ask For Referrals: Ask for referrals from other businesses that have used the agency or consultant before. This will give you insights into their experience working with the agency or consultant.
- Compare Prices: Get quotes from multiple agencies or consultants to compare prices. Be sure also to compare the services they offer to ensure that you’re getting what you need.
- Read Reviews: Read online reviews of the agency or consultant to get an idea of their reputation. This will help you gauge their level of quality and customer service.
What Factors Influence The Cost Of Social Media Marketing?
There’s no one answer to the question, “How much does it cost to do social media marketing?” It all depends on several factors, including the number of platforms you use, the size of your audience, and the level of engagement you need. Here’s what you need to know.
1. The Number of Platforms You Use
The more platforms you use, the higher your social media marketing costs. That’s because each platform requires its strategy, content, and level of engagement. If you’re only using one or two platforms, you can get away with a less expensive social media marketing strategy. But if you’re using three or more platforms, you’ll need to invest more time and money.
2. The Size of Your Audience
If you have a large audience, you’ll need to create more content and spend more time engaging with them. But if your audience is small, you can get away with a more simplistic approach. So, audience size will also estimate the cost.
3. The Level of Engagement You Need
Generally, the more engagement you need, the more you will pay. For example, if you need many followers to achieve your marketing goals, it will be more expensive than if you only need a small number. Additionally, if you need help managing your social media accounts, this will also increase the cost.
4. The Type of Content You Produce
The type of content you produce will also affect how much your social media marketing costs. If you’re creating videos or infographics, you’ll need to invest in production costs. But if you’re writing blog posts or articles, your costs will be lower. Also, the more complex your content is, the more time it will take to produce, increasing your costs.
5. How Often You Post
The frequency at which you post content to social media channels is one of the factors that will influence the cost of your social media marketing campaign. Generally, the more posts you commit to, the more you will pay. However, this also depends on the quality and type of content you’re posting.
For example, if you’re only posting low-quality memes or images with little text, you could expect to pay less than regularly publishing high-quality blog posts or videos. So it’s essential to strike a balance between quantity and quality when planning your social media marketing strategy.
6. The Time and Effort You’re Willing to Invest
If you’re willing to spend a lot of time creating high-quality content and engaging with your audience, you’ll need to invest more time and money. But if you’re only looking to spend a few hours a week on social media, your costs will be lower.
7. The Goals You Want to Achieve
Finally, the goals you want to achieve with social media marketing will also affect your costs. If you’re looking to generate leads or sales, you’ll need to invest more time and money. But if you’re looking to build brand awareness or increase engagement, you can get away with a less expensive social media marketing strategy.
8. Ads Price And Marketing Tools
The price of ads can vary greatly depending on the social media platform you are using, the size and reach of your audience, and the type of ad you are creating. Additionally, you might need marketing tools (for tracking and creating stylish posts) to help you reach your target audience more effectively. The cost of these tools varies depending on the platform and the features you need.
Also, you might want to invest in vCard to attract your audience. They’re a great way to increase brand awareness and connect with potential customers.
Use Zapped To Create A Business vCard
With Zapped, you can quickly and easily create a professional-looking vCard that showcases your work, products, and services. Our platform makes it easy for customers to connect with you online.
You can add social media profiles, photos, videos, and more to your vCard, and customize the design to fit your brand.
Get started with Zapped today to create a vCard that will help you stand out from the competition.